Thursday, August 2, 2012

Wish manifesting

“We need creativity in order to break free
from the temporary structures
that have been set up by a particular sequence of experience.”
~Edward De Bono
"The refreshing modernity and streamlined simplicity of the Smith-Corona were just the ticket for e.e. cummings, Dorothy Parker, Nikki Giovanni, and T. S. Eliot." - unknown
I've been tinkering in my newly created studio a lot lately, not really creating much of anything, just little bits of pieces here and there, warming up, exercising that part of my brain again. It feels good...like I've found and reconnected with a long lost friend that I've missed more than I ever realized....until now.

Been thinking that an old funky, vintage typewriter would be fun to use in creating, so on a whim, I wrote that wish onto a pretty scrap of paper and tossed it into a tiny scandinavian enamel bowl perched on my desk. I've started jotting down quick thoughts, wishes, hopes, dreams and even a few complaints into that little bowl and it dawned on me that several of them have since come true...perhaps that little bowl is the portal to the universe's wish department?! Perhaps there is something to that wardrobe in the Chronicles of Narnia?! (must find vintage wardrobe.....)

A few days after tossing my wish into the bowl...you guessed it, I stumbled onto a vintage typewriter while out on a quick lunch thrift adventure. Funny thing is, I almost walked right past it and out the door as I was running short on time. I would swear I felt a a tiny gust of a dandelion wish in my ear that stopped me in my tracks, spun me around, away from the door and back inside the store....and there it was, peeking out from underneath a pile was a funky, old, vintage Smith-Corona Coronet...in working order...with red and black ribbons (and a price so low, I had to look twice). Giddy would be an understatement.  Hello, wish manifested!

How about you? Anyone have any wishes, dreams, hopes manifest themselves lately...do tell!

(Oh and in case you're wondering, there is a beautiful little scrap of paper in that bowl that says "My original birth certificate". It was one of the first wishes I wrote and I am cheering on my fellow adoption friends as they travel to Chicago in a few days. They will fight for my rights, for all of our rights, educate as many lawmakers they can get in front of and get all of us one step closer to manifesting that universal wish. Open access to all. Good luck everyone, safe travels and know that I am sending all of my best dandelion wishes your way for a successful trip! xo Two)

No comments:

Post a Comment