Monday, July 30, 2012

Wish for better things

“Bullying is for people with no imagination.”
~Galvin Scott Davis, Author
"The story for Dandelion came about when my son experienced bullying at school. As a parent, you are supposed to have all the answers, right? But as we all know, that is not necessarily the case. What to do? I needed to put myself in my son’s shoes, draw on my own past experiences and offer him a solution to help him feel comfortable at school again. Being a writer, the idea for Dandelion sprang to mind and I immediately pitched it to my team at Protein. A story to encourage parents and children to talk about bullying and look at whether some problems can be solved with a little imagination." ~Galvin Scott Davis

The story: Benjamin Brewster is bullied each day at 'The School for the Misguided' until one day, when all seems lost, a patch of magical Dandelions appear which allow him to conjure a new world from his imagination.

"With all my might, you'll all take flight... If I could but wish for better things, you'd all disperse and grow your wings..." ~Benjamin Brewster, Dandelion.

Book to be released on ipad and hardback. Please visit the Kickstarter to read more about this brilliant project.

To Like Dandelion on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dandelionapp

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment